Happy New Year from Celebrity Speakers Bureau! We are excited about another great year of action-packed celebrity speaker events with new and existing clients. As we look forward to 2017, we know there are thousands of organizations who are gearing up to host various corporate conferences, business forums, leadership summits and other special events with celebrity keynote speakers. That’s why we’re sharing our top 5 tips to hosting celebrity speaker events this year to help you exceed your event goals and leave your audience begging for more!
5. Build an event checklist to handle event preparations in a timely, organized manner. – Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither can your event! Hosting successful celebrity speaker events starts with proper planning. From hiring celebrity speakers to booking speaker travel, preparing marketing materials for approval and confirming the full run of show schedule, there are many crucial details that must be handled in the days leading up to the event. We suggest itemizing the details in a checklist format with due dates to ensure your event details are coordinated in a timely, organized manner.
4. Be as specific as possible when negotiating contract terms. – When it comes to booking celebrity keynote speakers for events, it is imperative to clearly articulate the fully desired scope of work in the contract so that you and the celebrity speaker have the same understanding of what is expected on event day. You don’t want to get involved in new negotiations of additional meet & greets, changes in keynote length or other speaker duties in the days after contract execution. If it’s in the contract, you have the leverage when it comes to ensuring your event goals are met.
3. Book speaker travel and accommodations well in advance of the event date. – Following contract execution, the next immediate step should be booking speaker travel. This is an element of good event planning that you don’t want to leave to the last minute to avoid unnecessary stress. Flights can sell out, car services can be overbooked and hotel rooms can fill up. You want to avoid the hassle and stress of scrambling travel plans at the last minute with limited to no options. Also, from a financial standpoint, airline and hotel prices only increase the closer you get to the desired dates so booking well in advance helps keep costs to a minimum.
2. Host a pre-event conference call with your speaker or speaker’s assistant. – You don’t want to be left hoping your speaker received all the notes about your event and their keynote aligns with the desired messaging and goals of your event. Be sure. Host a pre-event conference call! Most all celebrity keynote speakers will make themselves available prior to the event to go over keynote messaging, run of show scheduling and other important things to know about the event. If their schedule simply will not allow it, you can schedule a call with their assistant who can work with their speaker to deliver on the unique needs of your event.
1. Meet with your speaker upon arrival at hotel prior to the event or prior to their presentation. – Once your celebrity speaker has arrived in your event city, a face-to-face meeting prior to them taking the stage helps everyone relax and enjoy the show! Whether it’s the night before or a few hours before their presentation, going over talking points, stage/sound setup, and other pertinent information in-person helps make sure your speaker feels comfortable and is fully prepared to speak to the desired messaging and goals of your event.
The good news is, you don’t have to execute your celebrity speaker events alone this year! At Celebrity Speakers Bureau, our sole business is hiring celebrity speakers for events. Our job is to secure you the most influential keynote speaker available at the best possible price for your event. In addition, we provide you with 24/7 support to assist with any issues that may arise before, during or after your event. To speak with a Celebrity Speakers Bureau representative about booking celebrity speakers for your upcoming celebrity speaker events, contact us today via email at email@example.com or call (212) 410-2853.